Welcome to Altamonte Medical Group
Who are we?
AMG specializes in the field of general Internal Medicine.
We at AMG are dedicated medical professionals committed to providing you with the best comprehensive healthcare services available in Central Florida. With extensive specialty training in Internal Medicine and years of clinical experience, our physicians and their staff are confident that they can evaluate and manage your medical problems with the latest treatments and best recommendations available. We welcome and encourage you to become an active partner in own healthcare.
We provide all of our patients:
• Expert evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses and medical conditions common to adults, ages 18-99.
• Comprehensive management of multiple complex medical problems such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis, asthma, depression, and gastrointestinal disorders.
• A detailed medical, surgical, social and family history to better understand your condition and to help identify your risk for other health concerns.
• Review, optimize, and if possible minimize your prescribed medications.
• Provide a thorough physical examination (including routine gynecologic exams if indicated), supported by carefully chosen and appropriate blood tests and other diagnostic tools such as x-ray or other imaging studies.
• Up to date recommendations for health maintenance, such as routine vaccinations and age/gender appropriate screening tests.
When necessary, we consult with our colleagues in other fields of medicine who have specialized training and who can perform specific diagnostic tests and make other recommendations to best serve your particular needs.
Our Mission Statement
Officially established in 2006, the doctors of AMG have been practicing here in metro Orlando since 1997. We strive to care for your individual medical concerns in the most professional, caring and efficient manner. We use our extensive experience and specialized training to appropriately diagnose and manage your medical problems. Our board- certified providers are knowledgeable, caring and thorough and will fully address all of your questions, discuss available treatment options and provide you with the information you need to enable you to make sound decisions regarding your health and well-being.
Acute Care Appointments
We now offer same-day appointments* for quick and easy evaluation and treatment of minor illnesses, injuries and acute worsening of chronic conditions.
*Same-day appointments are reserved for established patients only.
Our licensed therapist specializes in medical massage therapy to treat many musculo-skeletal conditions that result from trauma, car accidents, sports injury or surgery. She also is specially trained to manage post-operative lymphedema of the extremities.
Routine recommended vaccines for adults include: pneumococcal vaccine, zoster or shingles vaccine, seasonal influenza vaccine, and tetanus vaccine. We also provide the Guardasil vaccine to eligible young women.
Weight Loss Program
Our physicians have developed a highly successful medically supervised weight loss clinic, now available to our established patients, family and friends.
Allergy & Asthma Clinic
Dr. Ruggiero is a board-certified allergist who can evaluate and treat adults and children who suffer from environmental allergies, asthma, food allergies and dermatitis. The Allergy clinic administers traditional allergy shots to relieve allergy and sinus conditions, and excels at managing severe and chronic asthma.